Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

My new take along rifle

Reach out and touch someone

My new take along rifle

Postby sidroski » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Got a ruger 10/22 takedown. Now that they have come down to normal or before they went out, does anyone have or have been thinking of one?
On a side note, ruger has the BX-25 (extremely good mags, not a crap shoot like the other 25 rounders we've all seen). The case it comes with has pockets for 6 mags. 150 rounds, even if they are .22, will show anyone you are serious about keeping what's yours even on the road. Now that pesky question on where to find .22 ammo.

Stainless but weighs around 6 lbs. loaded. Comes with a rail to mount a scope. I have a Browning .22 take-apart, like but don't love it. this one I can take apart, slap the scope back on and still hold zero.

Rifle, 6 mags, 200 rounds of extra ammo, a browning camper .22 with 3 mags and a scope. Of course I have the glock sidearm for sudden needs but I think that is a pretty good "stow behind the seat" set up. What do ya'll think?
sidroski

Re: My new take along rifle

Postby fastback65 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:19 pm

I have wanted one since they can out. Give us a field report when you can. I got Mr. Clean looking for one for me.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby Muleskinner » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm

Very nice, Sidroski. I've not seen one of these in person. Would like to see how it goes together and comes apart. My guess is it would be the perfect "behind the seat" firearm. Stainless steel and poly stock suggests a lifetime of use and abuse. ;) I think this really has possibilities as a camping, hiking and even a prepping staple. I have several friends that have said in a TEOTWAWKI situation, they would take a .22 LR over anything else. Compact, light weight of the rifle, light weight of the ammo = transportable, massive quantity. Yep, I think it's a good all around choice. I got dibs if you ever want to change your mind, ha ha...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Molon Labe!
Muleskinner
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby fastback65 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 am

It would fit nicely in my BOB
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby medicmike » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:40 am

I would love to have one of these! Nice score!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Rifles