Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Any Love for FALs

Reach out and touch someone

Any Love for FALs

Postby fastback65 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm

fn-fal-zombies.jpg
fn-fal-zombies.jpg (54 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Re: Any Love for FALs

Postby medicmike » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:11 am

BIG FAL fan here! Built many (25+) during the cheap kit heyday. Currently only have one, the first I built. R1 on Imbel receiver. They are fine rifles IMO!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby oO_Rogue_Oo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 pm

I own a S&W AR-10 and a HK-91 clone Big fan of 7.62 battle riles) and have wanted a FAL for some time now but don't yet have the product knowledge to make an informed purchase.
oO_Rogue_Oo

Postby medicmike » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 am

oO_Rogue_Oo wrote:I own a S&W AR-10 and a HK-91 clone Big fan of 7.62 battle riles) and have wanted a FAL for some time now but don't yet have the product knowledge to make an informed purchase.

For FAL info the definitive place is http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php
The noise to signal ratio has been getting a little poor there but there is still a tremendous amount of knowledge there
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby fastback65 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 am

I'll second the noise to signal ratio, but, if you can overlook that, there is no better place to learn about fals. I am a proponent of the roll your own school. I have owned a couple of Springfield SAR-48s, but all my other fals were built by me. Currently I have a Belgian 50.00 built on an Imbel gear logo receiver and a STG58 on an Imbel and 2 Israeli Heavy Barrels built on Coonan Type 3s. At one time I had a dozen or more. I have enough parts to build another couple, just need receivers.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Return to Rifles