Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Hand Gun Training

Up close and personal

Hand Gun Training

Postby m1able » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 am

Anyone know of any hand gun trainers that teach or tutor individuals or very small groups to be a bit more proficient in shooting? I'm not necessarily talking about the big name Clif Cargile type, but maybe a competion shooter, law enforcement or military person that would be willing to teach.
m1able
Prepper
Prepper

Re: Hand Gun Training

Postby fastback65 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 am

Call the Highway Patrol and try to get in touch with Phillip Hemphill. Nicky Temple, used to teach the JPD, he has been retired for some time. They used to have courses at Surplus City's indoor range. Paul Crechale, used to be one of the finest shooters around. Let me check with Birdsong and see if he can suggest someone.

Rick
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby Liquidprints » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello all I'm new to the group and its a pleasure to be here. I had to comment on this. Phillip Hemphill is your best bet.
Liquidprints

Postby Oldfart » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Welcome glad you found it
Oldfart
Prepper
Prepper

Postby Treehugger » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:02 am

I learned a lot from shooting in matches. There is a pistol match just about every weekend in Byram, it would be some cheap practice if you take the competition mind set out of it. I'd try the Steel challenge and outlaw steel first, pretty simple, and you don't need gear for it (any holster and a few magazines).
Treehugger

Return to Pistols