Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Is anyone reloading these days ?

Who can afford new anymore

Is anyone reloading these days ?

Postby m1able » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:46 am

My son in law and I have been considering looking into getting a reloader and at least have the capability to reload at some point in the future. So if anybody sees any deals on brass, bullets, powder, etc. please post up. Plus this section didn't have any comments and I thought it needed to be opened up.
m1able
Prepper
Prepper

Re: Is anyone reloading these days ?

Postby medicmike » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

Not much in my AO for components right now. Everyone is sold out of primers and powder. I haven't done any reloading in years but still watch what is on the shelves.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Muleskinner » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

m1able wrote:My son in law and I have been considering looking into getting a reloader and at least have the capability to reload at some point in the future. So if anybody sees any deals on brass, bullets, powder, etc. please post up. Plus this section didn't have any comments and I thought it needed to be opened up.

M1ABLE - There is a gun show this weekend at the Trademart at the Fairgrounds. There is usually at least one vendor that specializes in reloading supplies that is there almost every show. Sorry I don't know his name but it might be worth the trip if he shows up. I would suggest going Saturday and showing up VERY early. Last show the word was that when they opened the doors, most everyone either went straight for the AR-15's or reloading supplies. Good luck!
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Molon Labe!
Muleskinner
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby Treehugger » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 pm

The last time I bought off the shelf ammo ( except shotgun shells) was about 6 or 7 years ago. Since primers went into hiding I just reload less. I haven't stopped, just slowed down. I used to load 2,000 at a time, now I do it 200 at a time.
Treehugger

Postby m1able » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 am

Does any one have any insight or feedback on tumblers? Not a cheap one and not the very best, just a good one all around.
m1able
Prepper
Prepper

Postby fastback65 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 am

I have used Lyman, RCBS, and I am now using this one.. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/414369/frankford-arsenal-quick-n-ez-case-tumbler-master-kit-with-quick-n-ez-rotary-media-separator-110-volt. They have all worked pretty good for me. I have been tempted to try the one at Harbor Freight. I is huge and seems to be well built. There is a great deal on MS Gu Owners right now on a Dillon and a case separator for 90.00.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Return to Reloading