Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Jackson, MS Gunshow 2/22/2014

It it doesn't fit anywhere else

Jackson, MS Gunshow 2/22/2014

Postby fastback65 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 am

Well, the wife and I went to the gunshow. What a waste of time and money. 9.00 to get in and overpriced everything. There were 4 boxes of 10mm auto ammo in the whole building. 40.00 at one table and 30.00 at another. It was privi partisan. I bought one box. I did find some Accurate A1680 powder for the .300 blackout. I bought 3 lbs. all he had. I found there were NO 220 gr, SMKs there, In fact, there was only one guy with reloading supplies and he had very little. There was of course the bulk pack 22lrs for 65.00 and up per brick. This was the most disappointing show I have ever been to. I suspect, it will be some time before I go to another. There is a show here about every month, and this was one of the largest. Sad, I saw SKS's selling for 600.00 and young gang bangers fondling the hi-points and loricins, and dealers touting the virtues of both. I saw people streaming out as fast as they were going in. Perhaps I have become a cynic in my old age, but a gun show used to be a real event. Parts everywhere for everything, boxes and boxes of military magazines, and ammo by the pallet load. Gone and fondly remembered.

Rick
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Re: Jackson, MS Gunshow 2/22/2014

Postby Muleskinner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Agreed.

I remember once, as I was heading to the door having spent every last dollar, the announcer saying over the loudspeaker.... "Brand new RUSSIAN SKS's, never fired, still packed in the original crate, in the original grease for $69.99 each. They're bringing them in right now."

This happened about 20 minutes before they were to close. I couldn't help myself. I had to turn around and at least see what I had just missed.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Molon Labe!
Muleskinner
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Re: Jackson, MS Gunshow 2/22/2014

Postby fastback65 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:49 am

My old friend Dale McGee used to have pallets of .308 and 7.62x39 for sale. He was selling 7.62x39 for 89.00 a case. He told me he was loosing money on every case. I asked how he could afford to lose on every case. He replied, "Volume." I have gone to his house in Raymond, (The Castle), and bought .308 for 139.00 a thousand. He would have pallets stacked under the house in his basement.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous