Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Hand Held Ham Radio on Sale

HAM CB FRS MURS SW Listening, anything goes

Re: Hand Held Ham Radio on Sale

Postby medicmike » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I like mine as well, am able to hit all the local repeaters from my QTH even with the supplied rubber dummy load. I did get the programming cable and downloaded "CHIRP" that seems to be a pretty intuitive program for programming the radio frequencies and settings. I may have to get the upgraded antenna as well.

Have shown it off to several friends and think I have several more of them sold.....what a buy!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby fastback65 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:26 am

Absolutely the most bang for the buck in HAM radio.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby oO_Rogue_Oo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:51 pm

fastback65 wrote:Then you can decide if you want to go for the General and Extra. If you do, I can help with that too.

I have my general and have been wanting to get my extra. Do you do an extra class?

EDIT: I am also a VE
oO_Rogue_Oo

Postby fastback65 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:22 pm

We have done General and Tech Classes, but to date, we have not done an Extra Class. I will bring it up at the next meeting and see if we have any interest. If we can get 3 or 4 folks, we can have a class.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby medicmike » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 pm

If I was closer you could count me in on an Extra class but would be a bit of a commute for me to attend ;)
Been studying hard here and making some progress, next test scheduled in my AO is Aug 23, hoping to catch that one.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby oO_Rogue_Oo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

fastback65 wrote:We have done General and Tech Classes, but to date, we have not done an Extra Class. I will bring it up at the next meeting and see if we have any interest. If we can get 3 or 4 folks, we can have a class.

Would be very interested if this came about
oO_Rogue_Oo

Previous

Return to Communications