Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

I Passed!

HAM CB FRS MURS SW Listening, anything goes

I Passed!

Postby medicmike » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Element 4 tonight. :)

de W7FAL AE
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Re: I Passed!

Postby fastback65 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:21 am

Congratulations, Mike! Now you can get away from those pesky Generals. I know it is not much "extra" bandwidth, but there is the knowledge that you have set yourself apart from those that are satisfied with good . Enjoy your new privileges.

'73 de K5FV
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby HC5CA » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am

Congratulations!

Now fire up all that power and give us a shout on 3.620 Mcs AM some night!

Steve

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." :-)
HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby medicmike » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 pm

HC5CA wrote:Congratulations!

Now fire up all that power and give us a shout on 3.620 Mcs AM some night!

You mean that big 100 watt station I have? :mrgreen:

Am hoping to pick up an amp once I get my antenna situation a little better and have a bit bigger voice on the air.

Running a G5RV in an inverted V with the center up about 45-50' and the ends terminating at about 15-20'. In a narrow valley with terrain on 3 sides. I think I can come off of my garage on the other side of the drive with a hex beam up about 40' and get out a lot better to the east. Going to be about an 80' run from the shack to the antenna mast.

Hoping to get going on homebrewing a hexbeam soon, been collecting components for it, a friend of mine has a trailer load of aluminum irrigation pipe that I can scrounge a few sticks from and think I can fashion a mast from that so should be able to do this on the cheap. Will be posting pics as I go ;)

Haven't attempted to work any AM yet, don't hear too many on the left coast working anything other than SSB, CW and PSK. Looking fwd to a good ragchew with you guys once I get things situated!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HC5CA » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 am

Good deal, Mike!

With Winter coming, you shouldn't have any problem ragchewing with us using 100 watts - on SSB, anyway.

Aluminum irrigation pipe is fun to play with. I've got some of that stuff in the back yard, and am planning to make a magnetic loop with it, sometimes.

Steve

Steve

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." :-)
HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby medicmike » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

If the conditions are decent I get out ok, I did work the USS Missouri last night during the Hawaii QSO party :)
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Communications