Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

canned bread

What and how to

canned bread

Postby waverider » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

This stuff is pretty damned good. It would make a great pairing with canned butter.

http://www.amazon.com/Brown-Bread-Origi ... nned+bread
waverider

Re: canned bread

Postby HC5CA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Cool! I've never seen canned bread, before. You wouldn't have to worry about getting that wet, eh?

Steve

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." :-)
HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby medicmike » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I have not tried it, might have to pick some up. I did have some shelf stable retort packed military bread, a friend of mine gave me a couple grocery bags full. After I tried it I realized why he gave it away....

Thanks for the heads up!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HC5CA » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Good 'ol military bread.... :) Is that the stuff packed with vitamins, 3500 or so calories and very dense" About 3X1 inches? If so, I definitely agree with you, it is heinous.... :shock:

I ate that stuff for a week while in the field back in the '80s. Never want to see it again...

Steve

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." :-)
HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby fastback65 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 am

What is the shelf life like? I am going to order some if the shelf life is OK.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby medicmike » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:26 pm

HC5CA wrote:Good 'ol military bread.... :) Is that the stuff packed with vitamins, 3500 or so calories and very dense" About 3X1 inches? If so, I definitely agree with you, it is heinous.... :shock:

I ate that stuff for a week while in the field back in the '80s. Never want to see it again...

That's the stuff! Yes it was horrible :mrgreen:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HC5CA » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:51 pm

This German website http://shop.conserva.de/en/17-canned-bread states that the life should be at least 10 years, with some Nazi-made canned bread lasting over 50 years! :shock:

I've eaten canned Nazi "energy candy" (fortified with all sorts of goodness) from 1942, and it was fine back in 1988. So, I don't doubt their estimates on canned bread life. :)

Steve

HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Return to Survival Food