Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Alone

Re: Alone

Postby fastback65 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:43 am

Sorry for the delay. Life happens. I will try to get something up by tomorrow.

Thanks, Rick
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby stjwelding » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for the heads up Rick
Wayne
stjwelding

Postby fastback65 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:06 am

Chapter 5
The Beach

Lyle did nothing but pedal as far and as fast as he could each day. Overcome by a compelling pull, he had no choice but to get to Biloxi, as fast as he could. He found he wasn't tired at the end of the day so he switched on his battery powered headlamp and pedaled all night. Hunger had mysteriously left him, he could feel no pain in his back or in his furiously pumping legs. All he could feel was an urgency to be in be in Biloxi as soon as he could. He made the turn of US 49 onto Highway 90, Beach Boulevard, as it was known to the locals. He knew instinctively, where he was supposed to be, and he headed for the spot. He jumped of the bicycle and ran down the long pier toward the first human he had seen in a long time. The figure was dressed in a simple wedding gown and as she turned to face him, he saw the face of his long dead wife. She reached out a hand to him and as Lyle touched her hand, she vanished.

“Hold it,” said the foreman of the crew that had been tasked with locating the body of the mine inspector, “I think I see something.”

“Holding, Boss,” came the answer for the equipment operator. “Is it him?”

The foreman knelt over the remains and brushed the dirt back from the dead man's face, “Its him,” he said with dejection, “Its Lyle.”

“Body of mine inspector found at cave in site.” the paper declared. “No survivors.”

The end
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby Freebirde » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Good story! I had thought that the CME had affected the upper brain functions of humans causing their death. Good surprise ending.
Freebirde

Postby Nature_Lover » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. Twisty ending. :)
Nature_Lover

Postby Redneck_Packrat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Thank you sir. Thought provoking. I like the ending.
Redneck_Packrat

Postby stjwelding » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:31 am

fastback65 Thank you for the story. Looking forward to more from you.
Wayne
stjwelding

Previous

Return to Stories in Progress