Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Updated report

We can complain that roses have thorns, or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses

Updated report

Postby fastback65 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 am

The recent colder than normal temps have not been kind to my greens, except for the Kale. It is thriving. The last of the Rutabagas have been harvested and I am anxiously awaiting the Red Cabbage. The Cauliflower did not do well at all and the turnips were a disapointment. There is the spring coming up though, and we are already planning to get some Heirloom tomatoes in the ground.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Re: Updated report

Postby medicmike » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 am

With the hard freeze we had here in the Northwest we have lost most of our winter veggies, I think the Kale may have survived....everything else didn't make it. Been a very cold and very dry winter here. The snowpack on the most visible mountain from the valley (Mt Mcloughlin) is usually what it looks like in about mid-July. Hoping for some more precip or it is going to be a dry summer!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Updated report

Postby fastback65 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

Looks like ya'll are getting a little Winter weather now, according to the Weather Channel.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Return to Gardening