Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Hail Storm

We can complain that roses have thorns, or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses

Hail Storm

Postby fastback65 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 am

We had a hail event here yesterday. Nickle sized hail and it lasted for about 15 minutes. The trees took their usual beating and there were some limbs down form the wind. The thing that pissed Mrs. Fastback off, was the damage to the garden plants. The squash got the the worst of it and the potatoes didn't fare much better. Her Herb garden did pretty good, but I am afraid the strawberries may be done for. Tomatoes came trough pretty good. Did any of you guys get any hail?
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Re: Hail Storm

Postby Doo Dah1 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am

Wind blew over a few stalks of corn. I was lucky.
Doo Dah1
Prepper
Prepper

Postby SilentHitz » Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 pm

We got some heavy rain in Byram, but no hail damage...thank goodness. Sorry you guys got crop damage.
SilentHitz
Prepper
Prepper

Postby Muleskinner » Tue May 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Barely got the ground damp on my side of Madison until way late that night. A lot of thunder & lightning. A coworker was showing pics on his camera-phone of the hail he got.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Molon Labe!
Muleskinner
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby HC5CA » Thu May 24, 2012 12:44 am

We got a couple of minutes of pea-sized hail, but that was about it. Hate to hear about y'all's garden.

Steve

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." :-)
HC5CA
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Postby Doo Dah1 » Thu May 24, 2012 1:32 pm

All is well that ends well. My corn that was blown over a couple of days ago is standing straight today. Absolutely amazing.
Doo Dah1
Prepper
Prepper

Return to Gardening