Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

New Vacuum Sealer

Preserving nature's bounty

New Vacuum Sealer

Postby Muleskinner » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Just purchased a brand spankin' new Food Saver 3200 vacuum sealer the other day and finally we were able to use it for the first time tonight. Picked up some good deals lately at the grocery. Man, I thought there would be more to the process than it was. We put up some chicken, bacon and sausage for the freezer in no time! Now we're trying to brain storm about anything else we can vacuum seal! This is COOL!
Next, got to pick up some new lids from wally world soon. My jalopenio peppers are ready for pickin' and I'm gonna be putting them up soon. I'm planning on keeping those babies going until the frost shuts me down!
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Molon Labe!
Muleskinner
Master Prepper
Master Prepper

Re: New Vacuum Sealer

Postby fastback65 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:45 am

Fred's stores has the golden harvest brand lids for 1.00 a box. We use our vacuum sealer almost daily.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Return to Canning and Preserving