Get cheap bulk ammo at Lucky Gunner

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

SOG Fasthawk

Look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp

SOG Fasthawk

Postby stitcher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Picked up a SOG FAST HAWK, it is extremely compact, weighs very little, and fits in my urban response bag very well. The small size makes it an excellent back up tool for breaching, glass breaking, general chopping, and close quarters fighting. It is almost surprisingly small, but this enables it to be carried without weight considerations, and does things a knife just can't do. I'll get beack with some updates after field use. http://www.sogknives.com/f06tn-cp.html
stitcher

Re: SOG Fasthawk

Postby medicmike » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Looking fwd to your review! Have been thinking about one of these or something similar. Looks to be handy and easily portable. I have owned SOG products in the past and they have been very well made.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby stitcher » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:49 am

I've long wanted one of the combat tomahawks, but could never foresee actually carrying one due to the weight. The recent explosion of tactical tomahawks has brought a lot of options to the table, and I like the SOG line because they resemble the originals so closely. This is actually my first SOG product, and although it is a stainless import I expect it to perform, it is very well built!
stitcher

Postby stitcher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Had it in the field for general chopping tasks, makes handy work with trees under 4", good edge for limbing and shaving. I have not tested it on steel(automotive body or entry doors), but this will be an important test when I find some scrap to beat on...
stitcher

Postby medicmike » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:57 am

Got a Fasthawk for my birthday, anxious to try it out. I think it will be a great addition to my tool kit!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
Captain John Parker at Lexington Green
medicmike
Survivor
Survivor

Postby fastback65 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:57 pm

There are several on http://dvor.com for sale today only.
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refuge... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about." - Ragnar Benson
fastback65
Site Admin

Postby JasonB » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Got one of those as a Christmas gift that came with a sawback (cuts on the pull stroke) machete. The tomahawk isn't bad and is very light weight. The machete is nice other than the tanto shape is a bit odd to use.
JasonB

Return to The cutting edge